Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What to Expect When You're Expecting

It's not the multiple storylines in Kirk Jones's What to Expect When You're Expecting aren't cleverly woven together or some of the observations presented within transferable.

It's just, well, I've never seen a film before that more closely resembles a 110 minute Hallmark card.

My apologies if you like Hallmark cards. They're not really for me but it's not like I turn my nose up if I receive one.

Like the best feature of What to Expect When You're Expecting, the group of fathers who get together to privately discuss the challenges of parenting, I'm not judging.

But this style of film is simply one that I have trouble relating to.

I was going to make an extended comparison to John Carpenter's They Live but think I'll just leave it at that.

No comments: