Friday, May 11, 2018

Final Portrait

"What was that?"

"No, that was months ago."

"What happened to, yes, no, hold on, it was, underneath this!"

"Damn it."

"Oh wait, that's it, I moved it over, here, haha, hey, whatever, got it, alright, focus, what was your question?"

"Oh, minutia."

"You expect me to remember precise details that I didn't even care about at the time or about people I never met or subjects I never studied?"

"I'm like a big freckle."

"I found this last week, try it, it's delicious and only costs $2.99."

"Have you ever had a readymade store bought sandwich with or without meat that tastes this good?"

"There's no one around, you don't have to pretend, you can lie and say you were humouring me later. If word gets out."

"Come on, it's sunny and +23."

"Nah, it's blends, mixes, swamp water, iridescence."

"I like that cats have whiskers."

"He was a golden-haired Adonis. A conversation with him was like going to a play. Logical too, a natural stream of unedited fact-checked sense, like you imagine a conversation with your favourite artist might be like except that he was less random."

"Look, I couldn't say anything, he knew everything I was going to say before I said it. To stand out I had to be vulgar and that doesn't work."

"'Fair weather frisk', no, 'gilded gambit'? Not quite. What about, 'jaded orchid'?"

"Impartial?"

"You don't like swimming?"

"Milk and sugar, no lemon."

"No."

"I've been meaning to do that."

"With an S."

"I always like that they played even when it was raining or snowing or foggy or freezing."

"It's not like that here, the same categories exist but they're less rigid, less determinate."

"It lasts a long time. Everything's blurry late-March early April."

"It's the little birds. That's where you find nature's best colouring."

"Well, a huge section of downtown is opened-up for free shows from local and international artists for two months in the Summer."

"I met one guy who could do a crazy Chewbacca."

"Learn a bit everyday, try to apply it."

"If you spend too much time worrying about negatives, you might never do anything. Just don't leap too quickly."

No comments: